Monday, October 5, 2009

Classic French Vinegrette Recipe

How to use your homemade vinegars

This is a classic French vinegrette.

You can change this recipe and make it your own by changing the type of herb or herbs used.

No matter how much dressing you need to make, if you follow this ratio you will always have a balanced dressing.

1/3 vinegar to 2/3 olive oil...so if you want a cup of dressing you use 1/3 cup of your vinegar and 2/3 cup of oil. Don't worry about measurements. Eyeball it, like Rachel Ray.

1 to 2 tbs of Dijon mustard

Use salt, sugar and pepper to taste. If you're like me and live for garlic, finely chop and include a clove or to taste.

Tip: If you're using an herbal vinegar, chop some fresh to include.

In a bowl, combine all ingredients except olive oil. Whisk together. As you whisk, begin to pour oil. This will combine the oil and vinegar, emulsifying them. If you're as lazy as me and hate to wash dishes, combine everything, including the olive oil in a mason jar, screw in the lid and shake. Refrigerate the remainder.

1 comment:

  1. I'll right away grab your rss as I can't to find your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Please allow me recognise in order that I could subscribe.
    Thanks.

    my web page :: diet that Works
    My webpage :: diets that work

    ReplyDelete